Loyd Godwin, MD
In 2013, Dr. Godwin opened Dermatology Physicians of Connecticut with the goal of having a team of dermatologists in CT that provide personalized care and the latest dermatological advancements to patients through two state-of-the-art office facilities in Norwalk and Shelton. The practice focuses on general dermatology for adults and children as well as cosmetic and laser dermatology. Since then, his practice has expanded to locations throughout Connecticut.
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Godwin earned his Doctor of Medicine degree at the New York University School of Medicine, where professors elected him to the Alpha Omega Alpha Society for his outstanding work. He completed his internship at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and his dermatology residency at Stony Brook University on Long Island. Dr. Godwin is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and a member of the American Board of Medical Specialties. When not busy with his wife and three daughters, you can find him out and about playing golf and tennis (while wearing sunscreen, of course).
Areas of Interest
- The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- New York University School of Medicine
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Board of Medical Specialties
Post Graduate Training
- Dermatology Residency at Stony Brook University
- Internship at Lenox Hill Hospital
- Fairfield County “Top Doctors” 2018 Award
- Fairfield County “Top Doctors” 2017 Award
- Castle Connelly