Fern E. Mayer, MD
Dr. Fern E. Mayer practices in our Stamford office. She brings exceptional experience to Dermatology Physicians of Connecticut as she has been in solo practice in Stamford, CT for many years. Her specific areas of interest are in medical dermatology, particularly skin cancer detection and prevention. She also treats acne as well as other pediatric and adolescent dermatology conditions with interest in the contribution of diet, stress, and general health to the development of skin diseases.
Dr. Mayer received her undergraduate degree from Georgetown University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and she was class valedictorian. She received her medical degree from NYU School of Medicine where she graduated with Alpha Omega Alpha honors and received the American Medical Women’s Association Award. She received her internship training in pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. She went on to complete her residency in dermatology at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, New York.
Dr. Mayer is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology. She is married with two grown children and enjoys running, hiking, and spending time with family.
Areas of Interest
- Skin cancer detection and prevention
- Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology
- General Medical & Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Glycolic Peels
- Acne and Eczema
- Georgetown University NYU
- NYU School of Medicine
- American Board of Dermatology
Post Graduate Training
- Dermatology Residency SUNY Downstate, NY
- Internship Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Fairfield County Medical Association
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Moffly Media Magazine Fairfield County Top Doctors
- Exceptional Women in Medicine
- Connecticut Magazine and New York Magazine Top Doctors