Aaron Steen, MD
Dr. Aaron Steen is dual board-certified in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and General Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology, and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. He completed his undergraduate studies at Middlebury College and post-baccalaureate studies at Tufts University. Dr. Steen earned his Doctor of Medicine, with honors, from the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth in Hanover, NH, where he was selected for membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honors society. He then went on to complete his internship in internal medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH followed by a residency in dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco, where he served as chief resident. Additionally, Dr. Steen completed his fellowship in micrographic (Mohs) surgery and dermatologic oncology at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
Dr. Steen has given presentations at regional, national and international conferences, and has published peer-reviewed articles in leading dermatology journals. His professional interests include prevention and treatment of skin cancer, including rare and high risk skin cancers. Outside of work, he is a passionate sports fan with particular love for the NY Mets, the NY Rangers, and Tottenham Hotspur. He loves to play golf, collect wines, whiskys, and hot sauces, and garden.
Dr. Steen is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Mohs Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American Medical Association. He lived in China for nearly a decade and is highly proficient in (Mandarin) Chinese.
Areas of Interest
- Mohs Surgery
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Scar Revision
- Middlebury College, BA
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth College, MD
Post Graduate Training
- Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship – Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
- Dermatology Residency – University of California San Francisco, San Francisco CA
- Internal Medicine Internship – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon NH
- American Board of Dermatology – General Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology – Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- AOA National Medical Honor Society