Lindita Vinca, APRN, DNP
Lindita Vinca is a Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner with over 15 years of nursing, certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and licensed by the state of Connecticut. She graduated from Western Connecticut State University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. In 2012, she graduated from Quinnipiac University with a Master’s of Science in Nursing. She subsequently earned her Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Quinnipiac University in 2017. She graduated cum laude and is a member of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International.
She has worked in critical care and interventional radiology but found her passion in dermatology where she has experience in medical and surgical dermatology. Her special interests include, but not limited to, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and skin cancer detection. Lindita is a published author of a dermatology chapter in an advanced practice nursing textbook. She has lectured at several dermatology community and academic symposiums. She acts as an active mentor and preceptor for nurse practitioner students.
Lindita was awarded the 2021 state award for excellence in clinical practice by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. She is the president and founder of the Connecticut Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant organization. She was also featured in the Quinnipiac Alumni magazine in 2019 ‘Saving Our Skins’ for being recognized for excellence in nursing leadership.
When not working she enjoys spending time with her son and daughter, Dion and Sianna, and her husband, Luti. They enjoy traveling, board games, and outdoor adventures together.
Areas of Interest
- Medical & Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic, Skin Cancer Detection
- Pediatric & Adolescent Dermatology
- Biologic Treatment for Psoriasis and Eczema
- Quinnipiac University, Master of Nursing
- Quinnipiac University, Doctor of Nursing in Executive Nursing Leadership
Professional Memberships and Awards
- Yale University Nursing Faculty Member
- National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practioners
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Clinical Faculty Preceptor, Quinnipiac University
- Society of Dermatology Nurse practitioners
- AANP 2021 Advocate State Award for Excellence