Elena Maydan, MD
Elena Maydan, M.D. is a double board-certified dermatologist and skin cancer and reconstructive surgeon, specializing in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology.
Dr. Maydan graduated valedictorian and summa cum laude from Columbia College at Columbia University, and first in her class from Cornell University Medical College where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She then completed her dermatology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, where she also served as chief resident. Dr. Maydan received her formal training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery in a Mohs-College-approved fellowship under Dr. Yehuda Eliezri. Dr. Maydan currently holds an academic appointment in the Department of Dermatology at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Maydan is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and American College of Mohs Surgery. Having performed over 15,000 skin cancer surgeries, Dr. Maydan takes pride in providing her patients with state-of-the-art dermatologic surgical care as well as personalized attention to their concerns.
Areas of Interest
- Columbia University, BA
- Cornell University Medical College, MD
Post Graduate Training
- Medical Internship at Winthrop Hospital
- Dermatology Residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship–The Center for Laser and Dermatologic Surgery of Pomona, NY, affiliated with Columbia University Medical Center.
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology – Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American College of Mohs Surgery
Dr. Maydan's Patient Reviews
"Dr. Maydan is a superb practitioner of Mohs surgery. She removed a skin cancer from my face leaving an opening the size of a silver dollar then she closed it leaving no visible scar. I highly recommend her if you have this medical need."
by Paul F.
"This message is for those who have Mohs surgery scheduled with Dr. Maydan. You couldn't have made a better choice. I just had stitches removed 3 days ago and can't even find a scar without magnifying mirror. Only redness and marks from stitches remain (which is temporary). Good luck and don't worry."
"I have been dealing with Dr. Maydan for quite a number of years. I have always felt she was quite thorough, quite informative, quite patient and quite kind."