Elena Maydan, MD
Elena Maydan, M.D. is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained skin cancer and reconstructive surgeon, specializing in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology.
Dr. Maydan graduated valedictorian and summa cum laude from Columbia College at Columbia University, and first in her class from Cornell University Medical College where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She then completed her dermatology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, where she also served as chief resident. Dr. Maydan received her formal training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery in a Mohs-College-approved fellowship under Dr. Yehuda Eliezri. Dr. Maydan currently holds an academic appointment in the Department of Dermatology at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Maydan is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and American College of Mohs Surgery. Having performed over 10,000 skin cancer surgeries, Dr. Maydan takes pride in providing her patients with state-of-the-art dermatologic surgical care as well as personalized attention to their concerns.
Areas of Interest
- Columbia University, BA
- Cornell University Medical College, MD
Post Graduate Training
- Medical Internship at Winthrop Hospital
- Dermatology Residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship–The Center for Laser and Dermatologic Surgery of Pomona, NY, affiliated with Columbia University Medical Center.
- American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American College of Mohs Surgery