Grace Bandow, MD
Dr. Grace Bandow graduated from Vanderbilt University and then returned to her home in Madison, Wisconsin, where she received her medical degree with Alpha Omega Alpha honors from The University of Wisconsin. She completed her dermatology residency training at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, where she was awarded the Resident of the Year Teaching Award. She finished additional training in a psoriasis and clinical trials research fellowship at University of California, San Francisco as well as a dermatopathology fellowship from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx.
Dr. Bandow treats patients of all ages, with a particular interest in nutrition, lifestyle and stress management as significant factors affecting our skin and overall health. Her interest in serving those with skin disease extends beyond her local community. She has been involved in global medical mission work since 2014 and was integral to the development of the Vaseline Healing Project, which has been providing medications, education, and medical care to millions worldwide affected by poverty, natural disaster and conflict. Her work has been featured in Oprah Magazine, Marie Clarie, and The Washington Post. Unable to travel during the pandemic, she joined The MAVEN Project, a team of volunteer physicians who provide free consult services to underserved clinics throughout the United States.
Dr. Bandow loves cooking healthy food, hitting the tennis ball, playing the piano, her husband, her three step-kids and their Ragdolls, Omar and Stella.
Areas of Interest
- Lifestyle and disease
- Acne and adolescent dermatology
- Inflammatory skin diseases
- Cosmetic and laser dermatology
- Vanderbilt University, BS
- University of Wisconsin, MD
- Washington University, dermatology residency
- University of California San Francisco, psoriasis and clinical trials research fellowship
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, dermatopathology fellowship
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Board certified in dermatology
- Board certified in dermatopathology
- Direct Relief board of directors
- The MAVEN Project volunteer physician